Sunday, May 20, 2007

It's been a v tiring week. Fiona was also feeling unwell admist my food poisioning episode. She had been having fever now and then and kept waking up at night. Short of rest, i somehow lost 2kg. 47kg....Never seen this on the scale for a long long time. On Friday, F had v v high fever. Mum called me on my way home. I was in Greenridge Guardian buying another thermometer. Mum mentioned 39 plus. I told her, dont worry, i'm coming back. Later, mum called again to hurry me. I knew something must be wrong. She mentioned 39.6 deg! I somehow started to break out in cold sweat and sprinted home. F seemed to be in a daze. I felt scared and helpless seeing her like that! We sponged her but it didnt seem to work. Then, she started wimping. It seemed that she is trying to cry loudly but did not have the energy to do that. My heart was praying hard for her. I took out the Cool Fever pad and pasted on her forehead and parts of her body and also sponged her at the same time. She seemed to hate the sponge cos i could feel her jumping up everytime i apply the cold towel... but she didnt seem to struggle like what she usually would.
I took the temp - 39.6deg..... s*** why didnt the temp go down?? Quickly called KH. Luckily he had not left his work place. Told him to bring the medicine down! Temp hovered at bet 38.8 to a high of 39.9! I was feeling afraid i may lose F. I continued to pray to God for her recovery. F's soft cries made my heart bleed. I let her latch on and it sort of comforted her. Shortly, KH came home and immediately inserted a voltaran suppository into her ass. Still, temp didnt come down immediately. We waited and waited and i cont to pray for God to give her mercy. She dozed off in the midst of all these commotion. We continued to monitor her temp. It took almost an hr for her temp to go back to normal. F finally woke up, smiled at me and utterred papapapapap..... i was so glad to hear that even though she wasnt calling me. Her smile indicated that she was ok.... the kind of happiness wh cant be described by words :)

1 comment:

Happy Sunflower said...

Tears welled up my eyes while reading about the stress and emotions with Fiona's high fever... Thank God that she's now fine and a happy toddler :)